Ever wonder about the chemistry behind that activated water technology? Curious about the actual cost benefits of a comprehensive green cleaning program?
Our free webinar series can answer those questions and more. In each webinar, we team up with leaders in the field, including green cleaning experts, environmentally responsible vendors, school nurses and administrators of successful green cleaning programs to discuss green cleaning in detail. All registered participants are able to ask these experts their own questions, too!
Each spring and summer, we release a new series of webinars touching on hot topics in green cleaning, from the financial benefits to the teacher’s role. Webinars are designed to be helpful for all green cleaning advocates, including parents, school administrators, teachers, custodial staff and school nurses.
Learn from the Leaders: Community Engagement in Higher Education
May 24 1 p.m. CST
Panel discussion featuring presentations from Jackie Kimbler and Melanie Tatum at Texas Tech University and Aaron Uresti at the University of California, Irvine. This webinar will showcase the innovative green cleaning programs at both of these Green Cleaning Award-winning universities, with special attention to their ability to galvanize their students, schools and larger community around health and sustainability. Participants will have time to connect with presenters and ask questions.
Learn from the Leaders: Program Assessment and Continuous Improvement
June 14 1 p.m. CST
Panel discussion featuring two Green Clean Schools Leadership Council members and leaders of 2015 Green Cleaning Award winning schools, Kimberly Thomas at Clarke County School District in Georgia and Tommy Little at Georgia Tech.
This webinar will not only showcase the green cleaning programs at both of these Grand Award winning programs, but it will also examine the progress each program has made over the years, and discuss methods used for program assessment including the Green Cleaning Award process. Participants will have time to connect with presenters and ask questions.
2015 Archived Webinars
You can access past webinars online at any time via the links below.
- Floor Care in your Green Cleaning Program explores effective strategies for green floor care, including flooring selection, cleaning and stripping product choices. We highlighted details from an award-winning cleaning program on how one school reduced its chemical exposures and created a sustainable and effective maintenance program — a program that improved student health and saved the district money. See the presenter slides here.
- Engineered Water: Cleaning without Chemicals? takes a look at new devices that generate cleaning solutions on-site, potentially reducing transportation, packaging and costs for schools. Experts discussed the latest technology, how it works, what it does, and the trends in facilities adopting this type of equipment. See the presenter slides here.
- The Green Cleaning Award for Schools and Universities answers all your questions about the award. We talked to award judges, industry experts and even shared insider’s tips from the staff at HSC. This webinar also discusses the history of the award and why it’s so important today. See the presenter slides here.
- Infection Control in a Green Cleaning Program explores how schools can control infections within a green clean program. The webinar featured two school districts and an expert from Kimblery-Clark. See the presenter slides here.
2014 Archived Webinars
- The Dollars and Cents: Making the Financial Case for Green Cleaning takes an in-depth look at the financial benefits of green cleaning. Our panel of school administrators, green cleaning experts and HSC leaders shared proven money-saving strategies and discussed products and procedures that really do save money in the long run, and those that don’t.
- Learn from the Leaders features the winners of the 2013 Green Cleaning Award for Schools and Universities. These industry leaders explain their innovative, award-winning green cleaning programs, share lessons they learned along the way and provide helpful tips to help you get started on your own green cleaning program.
- New Technology and Green Cleaning takes you behind the green cleaning scenes, discussing all of the latest technology from the user’s perspective. Building engineers and technology experts who have reviewed the newest green cleaning products on the market talk about how these technologies work and how much they will cost — and save — you.